General Partner (Build)
Together with entrepreneurs we drive startups to successful companies. inQvation is the ultimate co-founder, startup studio and the perfect place to work, meet, learn and share your best ideas.
inQvation is three things: a startup studio (Studio), an active startup investment setup/active startup investor (Build), and for now one physical location (Hubs).
The Build part of inQvation
Too many founders are responsible for too many tasks outside their key competencies, and those tasks still needs to be solved in perfection.
We act as a co-founder but with an abundance of competencies. We believe in building successful startups together with ambitious founders with more than just capital. In a nutshell, we don’t just provide pile of money – we invest wisely and with passionate involvement.
This position is one of three General Partners representing the inQvation areas Studio, Build and Hubs. The three General Partners are referring to CEO Claus Zibrandtsen.
This team of four will be responsible of driving inQvation forward and to always be in front. It is our intention that this team of four supports and also identifies each other’s weaknesses and strengths in order to achieve shared accomplishments.
The position as General Partner for the Build part
The new General Partner will be responsible for the Build team. In Build it’s our ambition to outcompete traditional pre-seed and seed investors with returns created in the early startup phases. Together with strong startup founder teams and the collective inQvation shared service team at around 20 people, we will create growth in each startup.
It is very important to understand the needs in every startup and match it with the competencies of the inQvation shared service team existing of tech, design, marketing, business development, sales,
It is our ambition to expand the portfolio to 15 startups within 2019 and end around 25-35 startups in 2021. It is also important to setup the procedure for handling inQvations big deal flow and keeping the progression up to par. We want to be extremely active with the portfolio and work side by side with founders in order to take on responsibilities that will project each startup further. You have to use the full inQvation toolbox to drive most value into each startup. The toolbox consists of two primary elements: 1: Extremely skilled people with great experience, will, passion to succeed with others. 2: Capital with high risk willingness and expectations of high returns
Job overall purpose
Develop inQvation as a unique start-up ecosystem with particular focus on the Build business - in close cooperation with the three colleagues in the overall management team.
Development of inQvation as a part of the management team with the other General Partners and the CEO
- Participate in the the overall strategic process of inQvation
- Put your competencies into play to the shared service pool
- Present inQvation at different events
Develop the Build business of inQvation through management of the team, new investments and portfolio management
- Daily management of the Build team
- Develop team competencies through hands-on management and recruitment
- Help define the process to create better deal flow
- Develop the evaluation model for screening of startups (A base model is already existing)
- Build expert panel for screening and evaluation
- Portfolio strategy and improvement of the strategy
- Responsible for controlling the internal due diligence teams
- Provide the investment committee with decision deck for investment
- Proposals for new investments and new funding rounds in existing portfolio startups
- Responsible for the process from first contact to exit of the startup
- Responsible for the (until now) 5 portfolio startups together with other partners
- Responsible for the value creation for the portfolio, like resource alignment
- Administrate value creation of the portfolio; analyze performance and return
- Work with specific tasks in portfolio startups.
- Reporting to inQvation Build stakeholders; co-investors, board, owners
- Experience with investments and portfolio management in start-ups and/or young entrepreneurial driven companies
- Experience from the venture-/seed-/start-up world – or from the consultancy world working closely with entrepreneurial driven companies
- Experience from working closely with entrepreneurs
- In addition to Danish, you have excellent English (or vice versa) language skills both orally and in writing
- You are reliable, outgoing and an excellent communicator
- You have an open and communicating personality, are able to work on your own and at the same time enjoy a dynamic environment with multiple relations, contacts and stakeholders
- Education on Master level.
Contact and Location
The company will not be notified of your application without your consent.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Susanne Taarnager Strøm by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +45 2999 9050
- Region Hovedstaden