Net Working Capital Manager - SteelSeries
SteelSeries makes award-winning, cutting-edge gaming gear and software products that help PC and Console gamers worldwide, loved in equal parts for our products and the active role we take within the competitive gaming community.
Originally founded in Denmark, we've now grown to a global organization with offices in Copenhagen, Chicago & Taipei as well as remote locations around the world.
We offer competitive pay and a work place filled with talented people who love gaming, technology, consumer electronics, and building awesome products.
The position is located at our Copenhagen office (Frederiksberg, Flintholm st.).
Why you should work here:
- Love what you do - We are part of the gaming industry and create consumer products for gamers. If you are interested in consumer electronics, gaming, or something related - you will love it here.
- Make an impact - We are a dynamic company and if you like being able to make an impact on a daily basis - this is your place.
- Enjoy your workday – Although things move fast around here, we make sure there is time for a game of table football or FIFA now and then. We have fun during our workday. That’s part of our culture.
- Develop and learn – You will be trusted with a lot of freedom and responsibility, which will accelerate your personal development and skillset.
- Be part of Product Development - We are a flat organisation and everyone has the chance to see how consumer electronics products are built and what goes into bringing them to market.
Job overall purpose
- Establish and maintain the best possible process for optimizing Net Working Capital. The main components are Inventories, A/R and A/P, but all parts of the NWC are in scope
- You will refer to the CFO who is placed at our Copenhagen Office
Key areas of responsibility
- Build a NWC/Procurement model to enable simulations
- Develop “what-if” analyses that can be used dynamically in decision making
- Inventories (procure/buy process)
- Optimize A/R and A/P processes
- Develop forecasts. Forecast NWC needs rolling 6-12 months into the future
- Develop long term NWC models.
- Understand and report on all elements of the NWC
Inventories (procure/buy process) is the most complicated part of the NWC. Component leadtimes of 6+ months means that buy-forecasts have to be placed early. Impact to buys and inventories includes forecast accuracy, regional hub decisions, sea/air ship, safety stock levels.
A/R and A/P processes is largely a function of internal processes and negotiation position. Counterparts will often dictate the position.
- Experience with building financial models for simulation
- Understands the basis of balance sheet and profit/loss
- Fluent communicator in English – both written and spoken
- Expert Excel user
- Mathematical and/or statistical mindset and understanding
- You take ownership on a daily basis
- The interrelation between processes and impact of lead times in decision making largely complicates modelling as well as decision making. It is important that you understand end-to-end impact of tweaks in the operating model
- Has a personal drive to optimize and takes pride in improving processes
- Ability to handle pressure in a high-pace environment
- Is a technician within the field and has a personality that matches the (youthful) gaming culture in the office
- Able to make things work cross-functionally and understand the motives of counterparts. The area impacts all areas of the organization from Operations over Sales to Finance and Management as a whole
- Good presenter, able to communicate the thinking to all levels of the organisation
- Relevant Master eduation (Finance, economics, mathematical,….)
Kontakt og lokation
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Jan Tornfeldt by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 2999 9040
- Region Hovedstaden
- FMCG / Dagligvarer